I believe the most effective way to have a profound and lasting impact on society is through education. My outreach activities are focused on popularising science and empowering underrepresented minorities to pursue STEM careers by promoting STEM education at the K-12 level and undergraduate.
- (2019-now) Chair, Brown Materials and Solid Mechanics Seminars
- Inviting global leaders to present research on topics ranging from computational mechanics, to experimental materials science including Profs. N. Fleck (Cambridge), P. Reis (EPFL), C. Arnold (Princeton), J. Vlassak (Harvard), M. McDowell (Georgia Tech), W. Gu (Stanford).
- (2021) Invited speaker at the “This Academic Life Podcast Series” organised by faculty members of Howard University, University of Utah, and the Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute.
- (2018- Now) Member, EPFL Alumni Chapter in the East Coast.
- (2016-2017) Member and Editor of the Lasers in Manufacturing Technical Group, Optical Society of America (OSA). During my service, I co-authored a number of newsletters that were distributed each time to more than 1000 members of the OSA.
- (2015-2018) Treasurer, EPFL, Photonics Student Chapter. I also served as a liaison of the Photonics Chapter with industry and organized visits to industrial labs. During my service, the chapter was awarded by the Optical Society of America, the Professional Development Chapter Award (2016).
Served as a peer reviewer for multiple journals and publishers including Acta Materialia, Scripta Materialia, Journal of the Mechanics and Physics of Solids, Optics Letters, Applied Physics Letters, and Scientific Reports.
- Local Organization Committee, 2nd Workshop on Progress on Ultrafast Laser Modifications of Materials (PULMM), 13-16 June 2016, Neuchatel, Switzerland.
- Local Organization Committee, The International Symposium of Optomechatronics Technology (ISOT), September 14-16 October 2015, Neuchatel, Switzerland.